TUTORIALS CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
The HLT-NAACL03 Committee invites proposals for tutorials, to
be held at the Westin Edmonton Hotel, Alberta, on May 27 to June
1, 2003. Tutorials will be held on Tuesday May 27.
Introductory tutorials that review Information Retrieval, Speech
Processing, Text Processing, and Machine Learning are especially
There will be space and time for at most eight half-day tutorials.
Proposals for tutorials should contain:
- A title and brief (2-page max) description of the tutorial topic
- If approximately the same tutorial has been given elsewhere,
please list previous venues and approximate audience sizes. (Nothing
wrong with this; we'd just like to know.)
- The desired tutorial length, and an estimate of the audience
- The names, postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses
of the organizers, with one-paragraph statements of their research
interests and areas of expertise.
- A description of special requirements for technical needs (computer
Proposals should be submitted by electronic mail, in plain ASCII
or Microsoft Word text as soon as possible, but no later than
December 30th, 2002.
The subject line should be: "HLT-NAACL03 TUTORIAL PROPOSAL".
PLEASE NOTE: PROPOSALS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY REGULAR MAIL OR
Submissions should be sent to
Accepted tutorial presenters must provide descriptions of their
tutorials for inclusion in the conference registration material
by March 1, 2003. The description must be provided in two formats:
an ASCII version that can be included with the email announcement,
and an HTML version that can be included on the conference home
Organizers must provide full tutorial notes to the Proceedings
Chair by April 17, 2003.
Tutorials must be financially self-supporting. The conference
organizers will establish tutorial registration rates so as to
provide the room, audio-visual equipment, internet access, snacks
for breaks, and the tutorial notes.
Tutorial presenters will be remunerated according to the policies
of the NAACL.
- Submission Deadline for Tutorial Proposal: 30 Dec 2002
- Notification of acceptance of Tutorial Proposal: TBA
- Workshop descriptions due to Tutorial Chair: 1 Mar 2003
- Tutorial notes due to Proceedings Chair: 17 Apr 2003
- Tutorial date: 27 May 2003