EACL 2017 CALL FOR SOFTWARE DEMONSTRATIONS
Demonstrations Co-Chairs: André Martins (Unbabel) and Anselmo Peñas (Universidad Nacional de Educacion a Distancia, Spain)
The EACL 2017 (http://eacl2017.org/) Program Committee invites proposals for the Demonstrations Program (http://eacl2017.org/index.php/calls/call-for-demonstrations). This program is primarily to encourage the early exhibition of research prototypes, but interesting mature systems are also eligible. Commercial sales and marketing activities are not appropriate in the Demonstration program.
AREAS OF INTEREST
We would like to encourage the submission of proposals for demonstrations of software related to any areas of computational linguistics and natural language processing. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Natural language processing systems, including:
* Dialog systems and interfaces;
* Machine translation systems and translation aids;
* Message and narrative understanding systems;
- Language-oriented information retrieval and information extraction systems;
- Application systems using embedded language technology components;
- Reusable components (parsers, generators, taggers, speech recognizers, etc.);
- Software tools for facilitating linguistic research;
- Software for demonstrating or evaluating computational linguistics research;
- Aids for teaching computational linguistics concepts;
- Visualization and modelling tools that help understanding and developing statistical NLP systems (e.g. based on neural networks, representation learning, etc.)
FORMAT FOR SUBMISSION
Demo Proposals consist of the following parts, which should all be sent using the EACL 2017 sub-conference submission procedure at https://www.softconf.com/eacl2017/demos.
- An abstract of the technical content to be demonstrated, not to exceed four pages, including title, authors, full contact information, references and acknowledgements. Submissions must be in PDF, and must conform to the official style guidelines for EACL 2017. We strongly recommend the use of EACL LaTeX style files. These are available on the conference website.
- A detailed description of hardware and software requirements expected to be provided by the local organizer. Demonstrators are encouraged to be flexible in their requirements (possibly with different demos for different logistical situations). Please state what you can bring yourself and what you absolutely must have provided. We will do our best to provide equipment and resources but nothing can be guaranteed at this point beyond space and power. Please contact the demo chair at one of the addresses below for any specific questions.
- At least one author of each accepted demo paper must register for and attend the conference, and demonstrate the system during the demo sessions.
Proposals should be submitted by 10 January 2017 using the EACL 2017 START web page for Demos: https://www.softconf.com/eacl2017/demos/.
Submissions will be evaluated on the basis of their relevance to computational linguistics, innovation, scientific contribution, presentation, and user friendliness, as well as potential logistical constraints.
Further details on the demonstrations sessions will be determined and provided at a later date.
Demo proposal submissions due: 10 January 2017
Notification to authors: 10 February 2017
Camera-ready due: 20 February 2017
EACL conference dates: 3–7 April 2017