The conference officer develops and tracks conference initiatives.
The conference officer position addresses a weakness in the current ACL administration, where each one-off Vice-President (VP) hires a one-off General Chair (GC) and a one-off Program Chair (PC), with no continuity between conferences. The conference officer:
- Develops conference-related and program-related initiatives.
- Tracks initiatives and work with conference organizers to ensure that successful initiatives are continued.
- Maintains updated and accessible conference guidelines.
- Reports to the ACL Executive Committee on conference developments.
Current and Past IO Officers
- Yejin Choi (University of Washington, USA) - 2015-2017
- Jian Su (Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), Singapor) - 2012-2014