2017Q3 Reports: Secretary
ACL Fellows Program
ACL revised the rules and criteria for ACL fellows: http://aclweb.org/adminwiki/index.php?title=Fellows_Program
The new ACL fellows nomination system is ready: XXXXX[LINK]XXXXX
The deadline for nominating 2017 ACL fellows is October 1, 2017.
ACL Exec Election
The ACL Nominating Committee has proposed the following candidates for the opening positions on the ACL Executive Committee (starting January 1, 2018):
- Vice-president Elect:
- Hinrich Schuetze, LMU Munich, Germany
- Sebastian Pado, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Conference Officer:
- Marilyn Walker, University of California Santa Cruz, US
- Barbara di Eugenio, University of Illinois at Chicago, US
The above nominees will be announced at the business meeting of ACL2017 conference. Additional nominations can be sent to the secretary (email@example.com) within one month after the conference. The elections will take place later in the fall.
Preprint Publishing and Reviewing
ACL conducted a survey on preprint publishing and reviewing. A report based on the survey will be presented and discussed at the exec meeting, and sent to the membership before the ACL conference. There will be a session on this topic at the business meeting on August 2.
The ACL Exec adopted the policy on political statements and actions: https://www.aclweb.org/adminwiki/index.php?title=ACL_Policy_on_Political_Statements_and_Actions
Meetings and Events during ACL2017
- Exec meeting: July 30, Sunday
- Business meeting: August 2, Wednesday
- LTA and recognition dinner: August 2, Wednesday
- Post-conference breakfast: August 3, Thursday