2017Q3 Reports: SIGUR
The Special Interest Group on the Uralic Languages (SIGUR) has 45 members as of 11 July 2017. The public register for members who have given the permission to publish their details can be found at https://acl-sigur.github.io/members.html
In 2017 we have creaated a public web-space and repository for managing latex styles with github https://github.com/acl-sigur
The SIGUR board
The initial SIGUR board selected in 2016 will continue to serve until the election to be voted on in the 2018 workshop.
- Chair: Tommi A Pirinen Researcher at Universität Hamburg
- Vice-president: Veronika Vincze Researcher at Szegedi Tudományegyetem
- Secretary: Francis M. Tyers Researcher at UiT Norgga árktalaš universitehta
- Events: Michael Rießler Researcher at Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
- Community liaison: Trond Trosterud Professor at UiT Norgga árktalaš universitehta
3rd International Workshop for Computational Linguistics of Uralic Languages (IWCLUL) in 2017
The 3rd Workshop was held at the Norwegian University Centre in St. Petersburg, Russia. The programme is published on the ACL SIGUR github pages https://acl-sigur.github.io/iwclul2017.html. The proceedings have been published as the first ACL Anthology SIG proceedings for SIGUR
Events planned for 2018
IWCLUL2018: SIGUR organises the 4th International Workshop on Computational Linguistics for the Uralic languages (IWCLUL2018) at the University of Helsinki in January 2018. The election of the new board will be finalised in the business meeting of ACL SIGUR at IWCLUL2018.