2017Q3 Reports: AFNLP Representative
New AFNLP Board
The new AFNLP board comprising the President, Vice President, Secretary and Honorary Treasurer has taken office since January 2017 for 2 years. Members of the new Executive Committee are as follows:
- Haizhou Li, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Vice President
- Chengqing Zong, Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Jong Park, KAIST, Korea
- Honorary Treasurer
- Eichiro Sumita, National Institute of Information and Communications Technology, Japan
- Past Treasurer
- Satoshi Sekine, New York University
- Chair of ALR
- Koiti Hasida, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Chair of CLC
- Tiejun Zhao, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Naoaki Okazaki, Tohoku University, Japan
- Member-at-Large (Webmaster)
- Minghui Dong, Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore
- Lun-Wei Ku, Institute of Information Sciences, Taipei
- AFNLP Liaison to ACL
- Kam-Fai Wong
Rrogress of IJCNLP2017
See IJCNLP2017 report for ACL 2017Q3 Exec meeting.
Participation of AFNLP in ACL2018
ACL2018 has returned to Asia Pacific. It will be held in Melbourne, Australia, July 15-20 2018. Claire Cardie is the general chair and Iryna Gurevych & Yusuke Miyao are the PC co-chairs.
AFNLP will fully support ACL2018 and will recommend Asian CL/NLP researchers to help in the program organization. Haizhou Li is the AFNLP representative in the ACL2018 coordination committee.
Activities of Asisan Linguistic Resource Committee (ALRC)
- International Workdhop on Asian Language Resources, Naning China, April 22-23 2017, co-organized by AFNLP, CIPS and ELRA, co-chaired by Kam-Fai WONG (AFNLP), Lingeng Liu (CIPS) and Nicoletta Calzolari (ELRA). The theme of the workshop was on “NLP for One Belt One Road”.
- The Eleventh edition of LREC will take place in Miyazaki (Japan) on May 7-12, 2018, the first time in Asia and AFNLP is one of the supporters.