2017Q1 Reports: ACL 2020
ACL 2020 will be held in America, in collaboration with NAACL as usual. The mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org has been set up with Ming as owner and with Shiqi and Emily as addressees.
The ACL 2020 Coordinating Committee, made up of 5 members of the Executive Committee of the ACL and 4 members from NAACL, has been proposed.
From NAACL (confirmed):
- Emily M. Bender, University of Washington, Chair (2016-2017);
- Colin Cherry, National Research Council Canada, Secretary (2016-2017);
- Joel Tetreault, Yahoo Labs, Treasurer (2017-2018);
- Julia Hockenmaier, University of the Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Ming Zhou, Microsoft Research Asia, China, Vice-President-Elect (2017);
- Shiqi Zhao, Baidu, China, Secretary (2016-2020);
- Graeme Hirst, University of Toronto, Canada, Treasurer (2013-2017);
- Yejin Choi, University of Washington, USA (conference officer);
- Priscilla Rasmussen, ACL business manager.
The plan is to have the call for bids ready for distribution after this year's ACL conference.