2011Q3 Reports: SIGLEX
The following SIGLEX board officers are serving until summer of 2013:
- President: Eneko Agirre, University of the Basque Country
- Secretary: Mona Diab, Columbia University
- Katrin Erk, University of Texas at Austin
- Tim Baldwin, University of Melbourne
- Anna Korhonen, University of Cambridge
- Mark Stevenson, University of Sheffield
Board Member with Special Portfolio/Webmaster:
- Ken Litkowski, CL Research
We currently have 445 members (43 new members in the last 12 months) and manage membership and mailing lists using the website developed and maintained by Ken Litkowski.
The shadow account has USD 9548.
Suresh Manandhar and Deniz Yuret are organizing SemEval-2013, with a total number of 27 proposed tasks.
SIGLEX endorsed the following events this year:
- Multiword Expressions: from Parsing and Generation to the Real World (MWE 2011). Workshop at Association for Computational Linguistics, 2011-06-23, Portland, Oregon, USA.
- Fifth Workshop on Syntax, Semantics and Structure in Statistical Translation (SSST-5). Workshop at Association for Computational Linguistics, 2011-06-23, Portland, Oregon, USA.
- Relational Models of Semantics. Workshop at Association for Computational Linguistics, 2011-06-23, Portland, Oregon, USA.
- GEMS 2011: GEometrical Models of Natural Language Semantics. Workshop at EMNLP, 2011-07-30, Edinburgh, UK.
- TextInfer 2011 Workshop on Textual Entailment. Workshop at EMNLP, 2011-07-31, Edinburgh.