2010Q3 Reports: Secretary
From Admin Wiki
ACL secretary report Dragomir R. Radev
- I worked with Min Yen Kan to get a bunch of recent ACL-produced papers added to DBLP.
- I worked with Ali Hakim to update the ACL wiki to include recent acceptance rates, invited speakers, program and other chairs, and best paper awards.
- A new, up to date, version of the ACL Anthology Network was produced. It is available at http://clair.si.umich.edu/clair/anthology/index.cgi
- I worked with Hwee Tou Ng and Ido Dagan to generate a proposal for a new journal-based initiative.
- I finalized the solution to the conference sudoku.
- I participated in the work of the balance committee whose goal is to balance participation in ACL affairs of people from various backgrounds.
- I tracked hundreds of bad email addresses during the annual elections.
- I led NACLO 2010, the fourth USA-Canada computational lingustics olympiad - http://www.naclo.cs.cmu.edu
- I took the US computational linguistics team to the ILO in Poland (http://www.iol.nu) and for the fourth time, brought home a number of gold and other medals.
- I helped inaugurate linguistics olympiads in Ireland, the UK, and Singapore (in addition to Canada and Australia which were similarly created previously).