2010Q1 Reports: ACL 2012
ACL 2012 planning report (organizing committee chair: Kevin Knight)
We posted a call for bids in 2009, and we have received intention-to-bid responses from several sites. The schedule for selection is here:
-- February 15, 2010 - Notify intention to submit proposal
-- March 15, 2010 - Draft proposals due
-- Through May 1, 2010 - Feedback to bidders
-- May 28, 2010 - Final bids due
-- June 28, 2010 - Bid selected
The ACL 2012 organizing committee consists of eleven members, including members of the ACL executive committee and members nominated by AFNLP. We have also contacted organizers of related 2012 conferences and workshops in order to avoid conflicting dates as much as possible, and to investigate co-location possibilities:
- receives bids by 3/15/2010, makes decision by 6/28/2010.
- conference must be held in Asia-Pacific in June, July, or August of 2012.
- 50th Anniversary Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics.
=== European ACL
- will take place during the second week of April 2012.
- will be held in Europe.
=== North American ACL
- receives bids by 4/30/2010, makes decision by 7/31/2010.
- takes place June or July 2012.
- will be held in the Americas.
- would like to co-locate with ACL in 2012.
- probably in the Western Hemisphere, probably in August 2012.
- no response.
- probably end of May 2012, probably in Asia.
more loosely related:
- takes place March 2530, 2012 (Kyoto, Japan)
- will take place July 22-26, 2012 (pending final contract negotiations).
- will likely take place July 22-26 (Portland, U.S.)
- takes place September 9-13, 2012 (Portland, U.S.)