SIGFSM officers, board and business meetings
This page describes the people and the bodies that are responsible for the administration of the SIGFSM.
- Anssi Yli-Jyrä (President)
- Thomas Hanneforth (Treasurer)
- Laurette Pretorius (Secretary)
The term of the elected officers started on 11 May, 2010 and is to end in 2012. Thus the new elections are due October 2012 and the Nominations in August 2012.
- Liaison Representative in ACL 2012: Matthieu Constant
- Email List Resource Manager: Thomas Hanneforth
- Web Site Resource Manager: Thomas Hanneforth, Anssi Yli-Jyrä
- Web Content Resource Manager: Thomas Hanneforth, Anssi Yli-Jyrä
International Advisory Committee
The members of the International Advisory Committee (IAC) were nominated already in 2010 and 2012 by the elected officers and they are to continue at this position for the year 2012 and stay in the board beyond this by default.
- Matthieu Constant (Université Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée, France)
- Tim Fernando (Computer Science Department, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland) 2012-
- Colin de la Higuera (Nantes University, France)
- Måns Hulden (University of Helsinki, Finland) 2012-
- Lauri Karttunen (Stanford University, USA)
- Kevin Knight (USC/Information Sciences Institute, USA)
- András Kornai (Harvard University, USA & Budapest Institute of Technology, Hungary)
- Marco Kuhlman (Uppsala University, Department of Linguistics and Philology, Sweden) 2012-
- Andreas Maletti (University of Stuttgart, Germany)
- Jakub Piskorski (Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw)
- Bruce W. Watson (University of Pretoria, SA & Technical University of Eindhoven, The Netherlands)
- Menno van Zaanen (Tilburg University, The Netherlands)
- Lynette van Zijl (Stellenbosch University, SA)
- the elected officers
Although the IAB is not directly elected, any SIGFSM member can contact a board member or the elected officers in order to propose a new IAB member. We would like to see that the board has representatives for different continents, countries, FSM schools and other interests felt in the field. Obviously, this goal is not yet fully achieved. Please help improve the representativeness of the board!
SIGFSM Business Meetings
An official Business Meeting is needed when we have higly controversial or constitutional matters to be discussed. The dates of these meetings are separately announced to the SIGFSM members by email or in the home page of an endorsed workshop or conference.
- A SIGFSM Business Meeting: in FSMNLP 2009, Pretoria, South Africa, July 2009.
- A SIGFSM Business Meeting: in FSMNLP 2011, Blois, France, July 2011.
Unofficial Business Meetings in Conjunction with the Events
In addition to the official Business Meetings, the endorsed workshops and conferences may organize with its attendants unofficial business meetings that are needed to collect feedback, wishes and help the organizers of the forthcoming scientific meetings.
- An unofficial Business Beeting: in FSMNLP 2012, Donostia-San Sebastian, in July 2012.