Resources for Greek
From ACL Wiki
Machine translation systems
- Southeast European Times (paragraph aligned corpus, Albanian, Bulgarian, English, Greek, Macedonian, Romanian, Serbo-Croatian, Turkish — 9,678 paragraphs, 92,450— 122,912 words per language)
Named entity recognition
- Greek named entity recognizer (version 2) Currently identifies temporal expressions, person names, and organization names. See here for publications describing the recognizer.
- G. Lucarelli and I. Androutsopoulos, "A Greek Named-Entity Recognizer that Uses Support Vector Machines and Active Learning". In Proceedings of the 4th Hellenic Conference on Artificial Intelligence (SETN 2006), Heraklion, Greece, 2006.
- G. Lucarelli, X. Vasilakos and I. Androutsopoulos, "Named Entity Recognition in Greek Texts with an Ensemble of SVMs and Active Learning". International Journal on Artificial Intelligence Tools, World Scientific (accepted for publication).
- G. Petasis, V. Karkaletsis, D. Farmakiotou, G. Samaritakis, I. Androutsopoulos, C. D. Spyropoulos, "A Greek Morphological Lexicon and its Exploitation by a Greek Controlled Language Checker". In Proceedings of the 8th Panhellenic Conference on Informatics, 8 - 10 November 2001, Nicosia, Cyprus.
- G. Petasis, G. Paliouras, V. Karkaletsis, C.D. Spyropoulos and I. Androutsopoulos, "Resolving Part-of-Speech Ambiguity in the Greek Language Using Learning Techniques". In Fakotakis, N. et al. (Eds.), Machine Learning in Human Language Technology (Proceedings of the ACAI Workshop), pp. 29-34, Chania, Greece, 1999.
- Hellenic Language Technology List - Greek NLP and speech processing mailing list