Named entity recognizers
From ACL Wiki
Revision as of 18:34, 3 April 2010 by Goldan55
Software - Named entity recognizers
- Balie Baseline implementation of named entity recognition.
- GATE includes the ANNIE gazeteer-based NER subsystem.
- GENiA- part-of-speech tagging, shallow parsing, and named entity recognition for biomedical text. C++, BSD license.
- Greek named entity recognizer (version 2) It currently identifies temporal expressions, person names, and organization names; see here for publications describing the recognizer.
- Stanford NER Conditional Random Fields based NER. Also incorporates distributional similarity based features extracted from the English Gigaword corpus.
- Illinois NER Java-based Illinois NER tagger. Uses gazetteers extracted from Wikipedia, word-class model built from unlabeled text and extensively uses non-local features. Achieves 90.8F1 score on the CoNLL03 shared task data and is robust on other datasets. Try the Illinois-NER-Demo
- Older version of Illinois NER - identifies/classifies entities as Person, Location, Organization and Misc (this last category relates to languages and nationalities); fast and robust; try the demo