Instructions for Posting Job Ads
From ACL Wiki
Revision as of 05:26, 6 September 2012 by Pdturney
- This page explains how to insert a job ad in the page Employment opportunities, postdoctoral positions, summer jobs.
- If you are not familiar with Wikis, read about how to edit.
- Do not merely copy and paste plain text into the Wiki page. Wiki text contains special formatting codes. It is not simply plain text.
- If you use plain text without proper Wiki formatting, your readers will believe that your company is incompetent and unfamiliar with modern technology.
- Post your job ad by clicking on the edit tab at the top of the page. Do not use the  links on the right edge of the page.
- To see examples of how to write Wiki text, look at the source text of existing ads in edit mode.
- Use the Show preview button at the bottom of the edit window to make sure your text displays properly.
- If your edits damage another job ad or the header of the page, the page will be restored to an earlier version and your edits will be removed.
- Jobs are listed in chronological order of posting: first is newest, last is oldest.
- Please include the following information in your job ad:
- Rank or Title
- Specialty (e.g., Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing, Machine Translation)
- Date Posted
- Contact email or link to website