From ACL Wiki
- The Summer Workshop on Ontology, NLP, Personalization and IE/IR will be held from 16th -18th July, 2008 in Centre for Indian Language Technology(CFILT) Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
- The 2nd Advanced School on NLP will be held in summer 2008. It will be a two week workshop on Natural Language Processing with lectures by internationally renowned researchers in the area. However, the major highlight of this summer school is that it is project oriented. The participants will choose one of the projects from a list of projects that are suggested, and they will be guided during the course of the summer school to come up with substantial work. The project findings would be presented at an open symposium on the final day of the workshop.
- The Summer School on Natural Language Processing and Text Mining aims to expose the participants to the exciting challenges and research opportunities in the areas of Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Text Mining. We will like to invite application for participation from the students as well as young faculty to train them in this area and raise awareness of the importance of NLP as a whole.
- The IJCNLP 2008 Workshop on NER for South and South East Asian Languages invites regular research papers as well as participation in the shared task on NER for South and South East Asian Languages. To enable inclusion of more languages, contributions of data annotated with named entities (according to the shared task guidelines) are also invited.
- The IJCNLP 2008 Workshop on NLP for Less Privileged Languages invites research papers on application of NLP techniques to those languages which are less privileged in some way, e.g. lack of language resources, lack of linguistically trained people, lack of financial support, lack of basic tools, lack of computing support etc. Papers are invited from both points of views: using NLP techniques for better archiving of endangered languages OR using NLP techniques to process data in less privileged languages.