2nd Lisbon Machine Learning School - "Taming the Social Web" -- Final Call for Participation
Final Call for Participation
2nd Lisbon Machine Learning School - "Taming the Social Web"
We invite everyone interested in Machine Learning and Natural Language
Processing to attend the 2nd Lisbon Machine Learning School - LxMLS
* Application Deadline: April 15, 2012
* Decision: May 15, 2012
* Early Registration: June 15, 2012
* Summer School: July 19-25, 2012
Topics and Intended Audience
The school will cover a range of Machine Learning (ML) topics, from
theory to practice, that are important in solving Natural Language
Processing (NLP) problems that arise in the analysis and use of Web
Our target audience is:
* Researchers and graduate students in the fields of NLP and
* Computer scientists who have interests in statistics and machine learning;
* Industry practitioners who desire a more in depth understanding of
Features of LxMLS:
* No deep previous knowledge of ML or NLP is assumed;
* Recommended reading will be provided in advance;
* Includes a strong practical component;
* A day zero is scheduled to review basic concepts and introduce the
necessary tools for implementation exercises;
* Days will be divided into tutorials and practical sessions (view schedule);
* Both basic and advanced topics will be covered;
* Instructors are leading researchers in machine learning.
List of Confirmed Speakers
* MÁRIO FIGUEIREDO - Instituto Superior Técnico | Portugal
* KOBY CRAMMER - Technion, Israel Institute of Technogly | Israel
* SLAV PETROV - Google Inc. | USA
* NOAH SMITH - Carnegie Mellon University | USA
* XAVIER CARRERAS - Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya | Spain
* MAARTEN DE RIJKE - University of Amsterdam | Netherlands
* JACOB EISENSTEIN - Georgia Tech | USA
* PARTHA TALUKDAR - Carnegie Mellon University | USA
* PAUL OGILVIE - LinkedIn | USA
* ANDRÉ MARTINS - Carnegie Mellon University | USA
Please visit our webpage for up to date information: http://lxmls.it.pt/.
We are looking forward to your participation!
-- The organizers of LxMLS'2012.