WORKSHOPS CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
The HLT-NAAACL03 Committee invites proposals for workshops, to
be held at the Westin Edmonton Hotel, Alberta, on May 27 to June
1, 2003. Workshops will be held on Saturday May 31 and Sunday
There will be space and time for at most ten workshops.
Proposals for workshops should contain:
- A title and brief (2-page max) description of the workshop topic
and content. If the workshop is part of a series, please list
- The desired workshop length, and an estimate of the audience
- The names, postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses
of the organizers, with one-paragraph statements of their research
interests and areas of expertise.
- A description of special requirements for technical needs (computer
Proposals should be submitted by electronic mail, in plain ASCII,
or Microsoft Word text as soon as possible, but no later than
December 30th, 2002.
The subject line should be: "HLT-NAACL03 WORKSHOP PROPOSAL".
PLEASE NOTE: PROPOSALS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY REGULAR MAIL OR
Submissions should be mailed to:
Accepted workshop organizers must provide descriptions of their
workshops for inclusion in the conference registration material
by March 1, 2003. The description must be provided in two formats:
an ASCII version that can be included with the email announcement,
and an HTML version that can be included on the conference home
Organizers must provide full workshop materials to the Proceedings
Chair by April 17, 2003.
Workshops must be financially self-supporting. The conference
organizers will establish workshop registration rates so as to
provide the room, audio-visual equipment, internet access, snacks
for breaks, and the workshop proceedings.
In the case of ACL SIG workshops, specific policies on sponsorship
and financial support appears at http://www.cis.udel.edu/~carberry/ACL/index-policies.html.
- Submission Deadline for Workshop Proposal: 30 Dec 2002
- Notification of acceptance of Workshop Proposal: TBA
- Workshop descriptions due to Workshop Chair: 1 Mar 2003
- Workshop material due to Proceedings Chair: 17 Apr 2003
- Workshop dates: 31 May and 1 June 2003