ACL 2010 Call for Exhibits
The Annual Meeting of the ACL is the primary event for computational linguistics (CL) and natural language processing (NLP) in the calendar year. The 48th Meeting will be held in Uppsala, Sweden, July 11–16, 2010. The conference will be organised by the Department of
Linguistics and Philology at Uppsala University. The number and calibre of participants, from academia and industry, provides an unrivalled opportunity to share ideas and catch up on the latest advances in the field.
If you have a commercial product or service of interest to the CL and NLP community, the ACL 2010 exhibits program is the perfect way to introduce it to potential customers. Possible application areas include: mobile communications, machine translation, the semantic web, language interfaces to robots, dialogue systems, CL publications and e-journals.
The ACL 2010 exhibits space will be located in the hall of the historic main building of Uppsala University which will be used for both presentations and coffee/lunch breaks, assuring excellent "foot traffic".
We will provide exhibitors with sufficient space for their information material and internet connectivity if required. We will support manned and unmanned exhibitions for a small fee (500 USD and 250 USD per day, respectively). For further information, please, contact the local organisation committee (firstname.lastname@example.org). Note that ACL sponsors at a certain level will have the opportunity to arrange an exhibition free of charge. Please, contact the sponsorship committee (email@example.com).
We hope to feature a wide range of products in the exhibits program, including:
* NLP technologies, including machine translation, natural language understanding, dialogue processing and natural language generation systems
* Next-generation web services based on NLP technologies
* Natural language processing components, such as lexicons and parsers
* Speech recognition and understanding systems
* Speech translation and spoken dialogue systems
* Tools and software used in NLP research, such as tools for corpora analysis
* Tools and software for developing natural language applications, for example, dialogue design tools, and tools for customising NLP and speech recognition systems
* Tools and software for teaching NLP
* Technical books and publications related to NLP/CL
Note that the exhibits program is targeted primarily at commercial products, but we also hope to present many Publishers' exhibits.
On behalf of the ACL 2010 organising committee, we would like to invite you to be part of the ACL 2010 exhibits program. If you are interested, please contact the Exhibition Chair (see below). The presence of your organisation will greatly enhance the event, and facilitate the further advancement of the field of CL/NLP.
Jörg Tiedemann: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACL 2010 Exhibition Chair