Call For Workshop Proposals
The deadline for workshop proposals has expired.
This call is included for reference only.
The Association for Computational Linguistics invites proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the 45th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL-07), in Prague, Czech Republic. We solicit proposals on any topic of interest to the ACL community.
The workshops will be held on June 23rd-24th and 28th-30th 2007 at the main conference venue.
The ACL has a set of policies on workshops. You can find general information on policies regarding attendance, publication, financing, and sponsorship, as well as on specific policies on sponsorship and financial support of SIG workshops, at the following URL: http://www.cis.udel.edu/~carberry/ACL/index-policies.html. Your proposal should include a budget, a clear motivation and estimations of numbers of submissions and attendees.
A workshop proposal submission form is available online at http://ufal.mff.cuni.cz/acl2007/workshops/proposal.txt containing prompts for information that is expected in the proposal.
Proposals for workshops should contain:
- A title and brief description (max. 500 words) of the workshop topic and its motivation.
- A description of target audience and expected number of participants.
- The intended length and format of the workshop (half a day to two days)
- A budget proposal (ACL workshops are expected to be self-financing).
- Dates for submission deadline and notification of acceptances
- A list of individuals who have agreed to be part of the workshop program committee if the workshop proposal is accepted.
- Full postal address, phone number, e-mail and fax of the workshop contact person.
- Special requirements (e.g. computer infrastructure or shared tasks)
Please submit proposals by electronic mail (submission form strongly preferred) as soon as possible, but before December 15 2006, to email@example.com with the subject line: "ACL 2007 WORKSHOP PROPOSAL".
|Submission deadline for workshop proposals||December 15, 2006|
|Notification of acceptance of workshop proposals||January 15, 2007|
|Workshop Paper Submission deadline (suggested)||March 26, 2007|
|Cameraready deadline to Publications Chair||May 14, 2007|
|Workshop Dates||June 28-29, 2007|
Workshops Program Committee
Simone Teufel (Chair), University of Cambridge
Katja Markert, University of Leeds
Dekai Wu, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
Beth Ann Hockey, NASA Ames Research Center