Instructions for poster presenters during ACL and associated events
This page is included for reference only.
The maximum usable area on your poster easel is 97 cm wide x 180 cm tall (= 38" wide x 71" tall). However, the maximum recommended poster size is A0 portrait; the remaining area (at the bottom of the easel) can be optionally used for attaching handouts.
The posters should be easily readable at a distance of about 2 meters.
Proper mounting items (pins) will be provided at the site.
No additional facilities (such as electrical sockets, tables for laptops or handouts etc.) can be guaranteed to the poster presenters.
Specific instructions for the individual events
ACL Poster Sessions
- The accepted posters are thematically divided into five posters sessions.
- For each accepted poster, there will be one poster easel reserved in the long and wide corridors around the Top Congress Hall for all three conference days. It will be clearly marked which poster belongs on which easel (there will be a list associating posters with easel numbers).
- The poster presenters are supposed to present their posters during their poster session. However, they can put up their posters already on Monday 25/6/2007 morning and leave them on display until Wednesday 27/6/2007 afternoon, 18:00 pm. The exact timing of the individual sessions will be given in the conference programme.
ACL Student Research Workshop Poster Session
- Poster easels for the SRW poster sessions will be installed in a separated segment of the corridor around the Top Congress Hall, one poster per easel. The SRW posters can also remain displayed for all three days.
Poster sessions at the associated workshops and conferences
- Schedules of (and special rules for) the poster sessions during the associated events (fifteen workshops and EMNLP) may be set up individually by their organizers.
- In most of these events, the poster easels will be used as double-sided, i.e., two poster presenters sharing one poster easel.
- Please note that it is up to the the poster presenters' responsibility that no posters will be left on the easels after the last session of the given event. Due to the numerous early-morning, lunch-break, and evening easel relocations, the unremoved posters might get damaged or lost.
- For EMNLP poster presenters: please note that the posters should be removed from the easels already by the end of the Friday afternoon session, as the easels will be carried away on Friday evening.